So much information has been revealed to us in the last 5 days, I thought I would try to collect it all into one article. First off, I would like to thank Tapdawg for all his wonderful work bringing us “on the floor” reports, videos and information from Comic Con 08.
Here is a list of theories and summations that I have gleaned from the new Dharma video, Dharma Wants You website, comments of other Lost fans and some research.
1) On the online sign up page of the Dharma Wants You website, the default date populated in the birth date field is the date that the new Dharma video was filmed, that date being July 17th, 1978. That would co-inside with Chang’s dialog which says that the video was film 30 years ago.
2) Chang mentions the Kerr Metric, which if you look on Wikipedia, the following paragraph could relate to what happened to the Island. “Even stranger phenomena can be observed within the innermost region of this spacetime, such as some forms of time travel. For example, the Kerr metric permits closed, time-like loops in which a band of travelers’ returns to the same place after moving for a finite time by their own clock; however, they return to the same place and time, as seen by an outside observer.” I suspect the Island will return to the same place and time as it was when it vanished, yet days, months or years may have passed for anyone on or near the Island.
3) It was Faraday filming the video, possibly during the time that the Island was “gone.”
4) In regard to Chang’s statement “Jennifer, take him out of here…” in reference to a crying baby on the video, we will find out that that is HIS baby and it is Miles.
5) One of the reasons Miles is on the Island is to contact his dead father, Pierre Chang.
6) Chang knows a LOT more about the future of the Dharma Initiative than just the upcoming purge in 1992. He looks at his arm in the video and touches it. We have seen him in other videos with a prosthetic arm and possibly a glass eye. This indicates that it is possible that research done on the Island after July 1978 was in effort to “change” the future, even though Cheng is aware that it’s not possible.
7) Season 5’s story telling technique will be to show what’s happening on the Island’s “now” and the rest of the worlds “now,” even though they are 30 years apart.
Warning: fopen(http://tvfrenzy.com/latest-link.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/sociaboo/public_html/docarzt.com/wp-content/themes/docarzt/includes/loops/content-single.php on line 28
Warning: stream_get_contents() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/sociaboo/public_html/docarzt.com/wp-content/themes/docarzt/includes/loops/content-single.php on line 28