Apparently there is something about prolonged exposure to sunlight combined with copious walking that really ramps up the creativity centers in the brain because this first post-strike LOST was completely and utterly mind-blowing! A while back when I interviewed Darlton I asked them if the thought process for Lost stopped while they were out there on the picket lines. They claimed it had (and what with the WGA tar and feathering dissenters these days, who could blame them). Clearly, it didn’t.
This was exactly like the already awesome season 4 was stopped to allow the writers to recharge their batteries and throw an extra couple of months into figuring out how to make the season even MORE awesome. As unlikely as that would seem, it happened.
I’ll admit, some of that might come from the fact that we’ve waited what seems like an eternity for this episode. First there was the question of whether the strike would 86 the rest of the season, then how many episodes, then just the organic waiting period that followed. But, seriously… I was feeling it, with or without the huge relief of tension that came with this episode.
Let’s take a moment to look over the revelations.
- Ben appears in the Dharka, just as Jeff Jensen promised. His appearance leaves little doubt that teleportation AND time travel are involved because a) Ben is way over dressed for the desert and b) he doesn’t know what year it is!
- The method of transportation is definitely contained in the Orchid station. That Parka belongs to Dr. Candle AKA Halliwax himself! Which means, yes, that is the Orchid logo., Woot. New Dharma make me giddy.
- By the lack of someone saying “Hey Danielle is Alive!” we can assume that the French lady is dead. Ouch. Darlton said her fate would be revealed, and the only mention in the entire episode came from Alex who said her mom was dead.
- Ben came out all covered in soot and whadda-ya-know, Smokey shows up. I theorized a while ago that the monster was a neutral force, some substance that essentially responds to the intelligences that are near it. So did Ben just roll around in some instant Smokey dust and transmit his rage into it?
- Ben refers to “rules” several times. The idea of a game being played is alluring, but I have a suspicion that Widmore was somehow complicit in the goings ons with the island. In that case, Ben and Widmore may have been partners at one point.
- The whole “matter of relativity” thing has to stop. Strange anachronistic thing happens, Daniel says something coy about perception… enough already. Just say what it is.
- Jack has a belly ache. I’ve said it before and I’m not backing down. The time for a “somebody has appendicitis” episode was season one. Things are moving along too well for a survivalist episode.
- Alex dead! Whoa! Whoever said that the execution style killing was not who we think from the promos was playing us (Jensen)! I didn’t see it happening, but again… Through the Looking Glass sort of shoe horned some necessary regulars into the budget and I suppose killing them was an easy way to get them off the payroll. Besides…
- WOW! Future Ben’s motivation. Now he wants to kill Penny, and just why is Widmore so sure Ben can’t find her? Adam and Eve anyone? Could Widmore have somehow sent Penny and Desmond back to the island’s past?
Warning: fopen(http://tvfrenzy.com/latest-link.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/sociaboo/public_html/docarzt.com/wp-content/themes/docarzt/includes/loops/content-single.php on line 28
Warning: stream_get_contents() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/sociaboo/public_html/docarzt.com/wp-content/themes/docarzt/includes/loops/content-single.php on line 28