I caught some of the forum posting here and around the internet, and the first thing that surprised me was how many viewers complained that nothing was “new” in this episode and it was only a set up for the 2 hour closer due on May 29th.
I beg to differ.
What we learned…
1) Why Hurley winds up back in the mental hospital – the numbers again.
2) The baby story – Kate had her.
3) That Claire and Jin we not the other two temporary survivors according to the O6 stories.
4) That the Orchid secondary protocal was probably developed about 15 years ago (1988) – about 3 years before the purge (1992). The box with the crackers and mirror was hidden 15 years ago.
5) The entrance to the Orchid (a greenhouse), was damaged, probably during the Incident in 1985.
6) Keamy rigged the frieghter with explosives triggered to the dead mans switch on his arm.
7) We know what happened to Michael after he left the Island and before he got to NY. Abet quickly.
8) A nod to the producers – Sawyer calling the Barracks New Otherton.
9) That the Secondary protocol is a Dharma plan, and not something developed recently by Widmore.
10) Hurley doesn’t want any kind of money. Not his, not Oceanic’s. The money is the excuse Abaddon uses to explain his visit to Hurley at the Santa Rosa Mental Institute.
11) Claires mother survived the car accident.
12) Ben has a plan.
What our characters learned…
1) Jack finds out who Aaron and Claire are.
2) Some learned that Michael is still alive.
What we want to know…
1) Has Sun learned something about her Dad’s comapany’s envolvement with Hanso/Widmore/Dharma?
2) Did Ben alert the Others, who were at the Temple, that something was up when he used the mirror to communicate something to someone?
1) Jin and a number of other characters die when Kearmy’s dead mans switch goes off and blows up the frieghter.
2) Penny arrives in her OWN ship and saves Desmond.
3) Kate’s “pregnancy” will be the big flaw in the O6’s cover story.
Would anyone like to add to these lists?