Lost – The Complete 6th and Final Season debuts on ABC this coming Tuesday. But even before that last run of episodes begins airing, the word has leaked out about the home video release for this concluding year of the show. According to VideoETA, a website produced by distributor Ingram Entertainment, both DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases will be coming out on Tuesday, August 24, 2010. Running 714 minutes long, each version will come on 5 discs. The site lists the cost of the standard DVD version at $59.99 SRP, and the high-def Blu-ray Disc edition at $79.99 SRP. Our thanks to one of our readers, Richard , for the heads-up about this info. Specs and package art have not been provided there, nor has Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment officially announced the title at this time. But VideoETA does give a list of some of the bonus material on these releases, and we’ve got a quote of that list for you below:
- Original scripted content that goes deeper into some of the stories, exclusive to Blu-ray and DVD produced by Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse
- LOST Bloopers & Deleted Scenes
- LOST on Location – Go behind-the-scenes and get the stories from the set, on location in Hawaii from the actors and crew who make it happen.
- Crafting A Final Season – Investigation into the goals and expectations of the season through interviews with writers, producers, cast, and crew
- Audio Commentaries
- LOST University (BD Exclusive, powered by BD-Live)
- And MUCH More!
Additionally, VideoETA also says that Lost – The Complete Collection will arrive on that same date of August 24th, in both DVD (37 discs, $229.99 SRP) and Blu-ray (36 discs, $279.99) configurations. In addition to the bonus material content from the separate season sets, the information given there says that these big packages will contain “One full disc of bonus exclusive to the Complete Collection…At least two hours of content“. Again, ABC/Disney has not formally announced this information yet, so we can’t vouch for the complete accuracy of any of the details posted over there. Nor is package art provided, or even described. Stay tuned, though, and we’ll fill you in as further developments occur!
With thanks to Sl-Lost.com